Ahi Tuna Burgers
- 1 1/2 lbs Ahi Tuna Steak
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of agave nectar
- 4 scallions, cut into rings
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. freshly minced ginger
- 1 tbsp white and black sesame seeds
- Whole wheat buns
- Pickled ginger (to taste)
- Bib lettuce
- Cut Ahi Tuna Steaks into 1/4 inch cubes.
- Beat the egg and combine all ingredients, including the tuna into a large bowl.
- Mix all ingredients until well incorporated together.
- Add a small amount (1/4 tsp) of peanut or olive oil in a pan and turn the flame to a medium high heat.
- Once the pan is hot scoop a serving of the tuna mixture into the pan and cook for roughly 30-45 per side (depending on how raw or cooked you want your burger)
- Remove from heat and place tuna mixture on a toasted whole wheat bun or on a piece of bib lettuce (use lettuce as a wrap)
- Add a tsp of pickled ginger on top and enjoy!
For more great recipes check out www.RunningTheKitchen.com
Or join us on Facebook!
Sesame Ginger Pan Seared Tuna with Freshly Sliced Avocado
1 pound of fresh Ahi Tuna (or Yellowtail)
2 Tablespoons of sesame oil
1 Tablespoon of reduced sodium soy sauce
1 ½ Teaspoons of freshly ground ginger
1 clove of garlic (minced)
¼ of a scallion (chopped)
½ of an avocado
Sesame seeds to taste
Ground pepper to taste
- Rinse fish in cold water and pat dry
- In a large bowl mix oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, and scallion until all ingredients are well blended. Mixture should be thick
- Place tuna filet in the bowl and coat it so that both sides are coated in marinade
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for ½ hour to 1 hour
- Place pan on stove and turn the heat on high
- Sprinkle tuna with sesame seeds
- Once pan gets very hot place tuna (without the remaining marinade) on the pan
- Sear tuna for less than 1 minute per side and sprinkle fresh ground pepper to taste
- Cut avocado and place in dish to accompany tuna