Spaghetti Squash with Basil Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- 5 oz fresh basil leaves
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes (oil packed)
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes (dry)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp of pine nuts (roasted for added flavor)
- 4 tbsp of Tuscan Olive Oil
- Crushed black pepper to taste
- Salt (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees
- Cut spaghetti squash length wise and remove seeds and outer fibers
- Add 8 oz of water in a baking dish and place both pieces of squash cut side down in the dish
- Bake for 35-45 minutes (done when you can easily puncture the skin with a knife)
- Remove from oven and use a fork to scrap the strands off of the skin (this is the edible portion that you will eat)
Basil Sun Dried Tomato Pesto:
- Cut stems off basil, rinse, and dry
- Add basil, both types of sun dried tomatoes, garlic, and 2 tbsp of olive oil to a food processor
- Pulse for 15 seconds and then add remainder of olive oil, pine nuts, salt, and pepper
- Pulse until all ingredients are thoroughly combined in a sauce like texture (for more liquid pesto add more olive oil).
- Mix 2 tbsp of pesto with the spaghetti squash in a large bowl
- Serve with freshly grated parmigiano cheese
- Leftover pesto can be served and enjoyed immediately or stored in the refrigerator in an air tight jar with a thin layer of olive oil on for several months.
For more delicious recipes please visit www.RunningTheKitchen.com
Join us on FaceBook!
- 1 ½ cups quinoa
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 8oz cans of Cannellini Beans
- 2 Whole chicken breasts (cut in cubes)
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 2 squeezed limes
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¾ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon of fresh pesto sauce
- Place teaspoon of pesto sauce in a saucepan and sauté chicken. Once chicken is cooked through set aside
- Rinse quinoa in cold water
- Place 2 ½ cups of water in a large pot and bring to a boil (For fluffier quinoa use less water). Once water boils, lower the heat (medium/low), place quinoa in the pot and cover, stirring occasionally. Let quinoa cook for 12-16 minutes.
- Once quinoa is ready let it cool for 5 minutes and transfer it into a large bowl
- Add all of the other ingredients to the quinoa (garlic, lime juice, tomatoes, beans, spices, olive oil, parsley, and sautéed pesto chicken with juices)
- Mix so that all ingredients are thoroughly combined
- Enjoy warm or cold!
For more recipes please visit www.runningthekitchen.com
In this episode of Running The Kitchen I am making a winter favorite, Spicy Turkey Chili. The meal has many health benefits and is sure to warm you up on the coldest of days!
The chili can be served by itself, over quinoa, rice, or with toasted pita. Which ever way you decide to serve it, it will never disappoint! So call over your friends and enjoy!
Special Thanks to www.1vigor.com & www.RunnersRule.com for supporting this recipe!